Online Entry

All race numbers are to be collected on the race day. There will be NO entries on the race day.

Due to the time of year of the event and the nature of the course we do advise that you only enter this event if your estimated time to complete the distance is 6 hours or less. We also advise not to enter this event if you have never completed a marathon before.

Please note NO paperwork will be sent to you prior to the race so please ensure you read all the information on this website thoroughly. Click on the links in the navigation bar on the left hand side or at the bottom.

Due to the course being slightly ‘shorter’ than a marathon distance on its previous 2 occurrences the route has been amended on the segment between Alfriston and Litlington on either side of the River Cuckmere. The 2nd footbridge will be crossed rather than the 1st footbridge. This amendment increases the distance to 26.5 miles, just slightly ‘longer’ than a marathon distance.

The course will have 6 water stations that are spread out evenly over the course. For your safety these will also act as checkpoints. Water, bananas, biscuits, jelly babies and water buckets to ‘dip’ your sponge will be available at the start / finish and all 6 water stations / checkpoints.

There will be no mile / kilometre markers on the route except for at the 6 water stations / checkpoints.

Please note although the course will be well marked with yellow arrows there will be very few marshals on the course so please familiarise yourself with the route details in case course markers go missing. There will however be a lead cyclist and a sweeper. Course maps, course description, start / finish, water stations / checkpoint locations, risk assessment, general race information, etc… can all be found on this website so please ensure you read all this thoroughly.

Copies of the course route on an OS map will be available on the race day along with the course description.

St Johns Ambulance will be in attendance providing First Aid and will be situated on the course and at the start / finish to assist any runners / spectators if required.

All finishers of the event will be provided with a memento. Trophies will be awarded to the first three male and female finishers.

Our very own Alan and Andrew from Seaford Striders are this year’s race photographers.

Pre / post race massage will be available at Seaford Fire Station for a small fee courtesy of Kate Charles.

Seaford Fire Station will remain fully operational throughout the event. Please listen to the Safety Brief and follow all directions given by operational staff and marshalls. Cars should only be parked in the allocated area to the rear of the station and the overflow parking on Cradle Hill Industrial Estate (directions will be given on the day).

On no account must any vehicles be left at the front of the station.

The Fire Fighters Charity is the beneficiary of 75% of the funds raised through this year’s race entries, sponsorship and donations. The remaining 25% of the race proceeds will go to Seaford Striders.

If you do require any further information or you have any questions you can send us an e-mail by clicking here. We will send you a reply as quickly as we can.

We look forward to seeing you all on race day!